Re: Minimal XDMCP bundle ?

Marc CHANTREUX wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i need to use some windows stations as Xterminals and i'm trying to
> minimalize the size of installation (don't need unix stuff or doc.
> in the local machine).
>
> I obtain a 92 Mb but i'm sure i can do better.
>
> Is there a minimal distribution for cygwin-xfree ?
> Someone with the same experience ?
>
> Regards,
> Marc
> "Advancing  technology  is not as  important as  fighting for
> freedom, but it's still a good thing to do."
>                                           Richard M. Stallman
> khatar@phear.org

Marc,

I have done exactly this.  The minimal packege is 1.9MB.

See my homepage at http://www.users.bigpond.com/rasjidw/

However, I have not updated the files since 1 September, so it would be
best to simply download and look at what I have done and update the
files as necessary.  From what I can tell from the discussions here
there have been a number of improvements since 1 Sept.

In addition to my full time job, I'm currently doing some contract work
for my son's school, but when that is done I will get back to updating
and finalising the minimal install.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rasjid.