RE: Multiple cygwin.dll's

Rasjid,

Yes, it will still cause a problem.

The problem is not caused by the location from which the DLL was loaded.
Different versions of cygwin1.dll conflict with each other because all
loaded copies of cygwin1.dll must share a memory area to preserve state
information in a manner similar to an operating system kernel.  Different
versions of cygwin1.dll have different interpretations of the structure of
the shared memory region, thus loaded different versions of cygwin1.dll
results in the shared memory becoming corrupted, which generally crashes any
loaded cygwin1.dll and any programs depending on cygwin1.dll.

So, loaded one version of cygwin1.dll from c:\cygwin and the other from
p:\cygwin isn't going to change the situation at all.

Harold