Re: questions from a newbie

Hello there,

I have a couple questions. I have read the install guides, the FAQ, and
attempted to follow any threads on this list that deal with this
subject, but I am unsuccesful.

I have installed cygwin/xfree successfully on my Win NT machine, and I
can connect to my linux box (running redhat 7.1).

What I would like to do, is display my Gnome desktop in my cgywin/xfree
window.  I believe I have the general idea how to do this, but would
appreciate it if someone would through some comments (harsh or not) my
way. There is a screenshot on the cygwin/xfree main page, so I know
someone has done it. As a forewarning, I am not a programmer, and I am
new to Linux (the reason for this experiment), but I do follow
instructions/suggestions well.

Thank you in advance.
Shawn

--
Zianet, Inc.
THE Internet in New Mexico

Tech Support Mon-Sat 8:AM to 11:PM
             Sunday  Noon to 9:PM

Now serving - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Alamogordo  (505) 434-6760
Albuquerque (505) 248-0600
Angel Fire  (505) 737-5950
Artesia     (505) 746-4808
Carlsbad    (505) 234-1710
Clovis      (505) 742-2700
Deming      (505) 546-2979
El Paso     (915) 834-9300
Espanola    (505) 747-3096
Farmington  (505) 326-6149
Gallup      (505) 726-2887
Grants      (505) 285-3880
Hatch       (505) 267-1000         For
Hobbs       (505) 397-4460       Technical
Las Cruces  (505) 522-1234        Support
Las Vegas   (505) 454-4592
Raton       (505) 445-2815
Roswell     (505) 623-3434        Please
Ruidoso     (505) 257-3962         call
Santa Fe    (505) 820-7150
Silver City (505) 388-2177
Soccoro     (505) 838-1455