./configure dlopen error - enlightenment

I have read all the posts about compiling enlightenment and have got quite
far, but I am having a problem with the last piece.

I have installed all the libraries, but have not recompiled X (trying not to
do that). Downloaded binutils, cygipc and dllhelpers as per Cygwin utils,
but no luck. This is the output I get when doing ./configure on enlightement
0.16.5

checking for esd-config... /usr/local/bin/esd-config
checking for ESD - version >= 0.2.17... yes
checking for imlib-config... /usr/local/bin/imlib-config
checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.9.8... yes
checking for Fnlib_init in -lFnlib... yes
checking for ghttp_uri_validate in -lghttp... yes
checking for freetype.h... no
checking for freetype/freetype.h... yes
checking for TT_Init_FreeType in -lttf... yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... no
Warning: Enlightenment requires the dl (dynamic loader) library
to be supported on your platform for module support.  Modules
have been disabled (this will affect functionality)
configure: warning: Module Support Disabled (no dynamic loader)
checking for XTestGrabControl in -lXtst... yes

Any help will be appreciated

Des