Re: GDB errors

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 04:43:19PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Something must be wrong because Cygwin doesn't have openpty.
>
> I've just rerun configure and expect's expect_cf.h doesn't define
> HAVE_OPENPTY.

All I did is what was listed on http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current
using all the standard setup.exe provided tools.

I.E. cvs co gdb+dejagnu

then ./configure in the src directory.

> However, you don't have to build expect for gdb.
>
> You can just remove the expect and dejagnu directories if you aren't going
> to be running the gdb testsuite.

That's contradicting the cvs checkout documentation. It explicitly says
'Checking out and building both GDB and DEJAGNU is recommended'. Maybe
this could be tweaked as it's misleading if you don't need them.

Alan.