RE: (patch seq: 5008) Cygwin/XFree86

Alan,

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 08:56:00AM -0500, Harold Hunt wrote:
> > Implement a few more fixes so that the server doesn't
> FatalError on startup.
> > It makes a pixmap that looks something like the cursor, but instead of
> > blitting the cursor to the center of the screen it draws a white circle.
> > Strange...
> >
> Harold - it's drawing a white circle because the cursor needs flipping.
>
> Instead of getting this...
>
> 	\/
> 	/\
>
> your getting this.
>
> 	/\
> 	\/
>
> Basically, the two halves are byte ordered wrongly.

> Would it be plausible that the scanline order could be wrong?  I
> couldn't remember if winnativegdi.c/winCreateDIBNativeGDI ()
> needed to set pbmih->biHeight to -iHeight or iHeight.  I twiddled
> with it awhile ago and settled on setting it to -iHeight.  That
> may not be correct.

I tried that really quick, but it didn't fix it.

Have you run the server with -engine 16?  It draws what appears to be the
cursor perfectly.  But, rather than transferring the cursor to the middle of
the screen it instead does a set of line fills (through winFillSpans with
FillStyle Solid) that draws the circle.  I'm wondering if it is simply never
getting the instructions to draw the cursor...

Again, I really can't look into it.  I've got three tests tomorrow,
Saturday, and Monday... :(