Re: seperate xfree project on sourceforge

On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 07:58:13PM +1100, Matthew Donald wrote:
>I'm in the process of setting up winfree86.
>
>Winfree86 is a minimal version of Cygwin + xfree86 + other code to provide
>an x-server for Windows.  It removes the requirement to install a full
>version of Cygwin.  Also it pretties up the interface (removes the batch
>window, integrates the config more closely into Windows)

That is no longer a requirement with cygwin's new version of setup.exe.

We routinely ask for volunteers in the cygwin project and I'm sure that
the Cygwin XFree86 project would not turn help away.

Why start up a separate effort?

Did you have great ideas for cygwin's setup or for XFree86 that were
brutally shot down?  Or, did you decide that the only way to get things
done was to essentially fork both projects?

cgf