Re: Cygwin XFree web page looks odd in Mozilla

> > Anyone else noticing that the XFree86 web page looks odd in Mozilla?
> > Maybe it's because I'm using the latest snapshot but the Project
> > Overview is showing up under the "left bar".
>
> It fails validation - usually a sign of some HTML oddity somewhere (just
> click on the HTML4 icon).
>
> Rob

Rob - The errors you reported were trivial and are fixed now; they did not
affect the rendering of the page.  I'm kind of surprised that there were
errors at all, as I usually run the validator after submitting.  I found a
few more trivial errors scattered around the site and fixed them as well.

The problem with Mozilla rendering is that the site looks fine on a 1024x768
screen with Mozilla maximized.  If you then restore Mozilla and start
shrinking the window you'll notice that Mozilla decides, at some point, to
move the main body of the web page starting with "Project Overview" to
beneath the left menu bar.  Is that a kosher move on Mozilla's part?  I have
no idea.  All I know is that you can create the smallest window possible in
IE and it never takes the liberty of moving the page's main body.

I've already made lots of changes to get the page to look as well as it does
in Mozilla... I'm going to wait for 1.0 before I make more drastic
Mozilla-specific changes.  Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath... I have
been watching Mozilla since March 2000, when 1.0 was going to be released,
"any day now".  :)