RE: Cygwin XFree web page looks odd in Mozilla

> > Rob - The errors you reported were trivial and are fixed now; they did
not
> > affect the rendering of the page.  I'm kind of surprised that there were
> > errors at all, as I usually run the validator after submitting.
>                                      ^^^^^^^^^
> Is this an open source tool ?
>
> Ralf

Basically.  The HTML document type definition is open source, it can be
downloaded from http://w3c.org/.

Checking a document against a given type definition is usually done with the
open source tool NSGMLS: http://www.jclark.com/sp/nsgmls.htm.

The HTML Validator provided by http://w3c.org/ is simply a web interface to
a program that compares a document with the dtd.  I'm not sure if the actual
validator front-end is open source, but that doesn't really matter.

The address of the W3C HTML Validator is:
http://validator.w3.org/

Does that clear things up?