Using XRunner with cygwin-xfree XFree86 - 4.1.99.1

Hello all:

I hope somebody has some ideas about this because it is driving me
batty.  We are using XRunner to automate testing of some of our
apps. Using XFree-86 version 4 on linux with the RECORD and XTEST
extentions works fine. I am able to map the gui and identify the
items, send mouse presses and keystrokes.

However using the cygwin version fails. I can't map the gui and find
the widgets in the tree. So XRunner kind of throws up its hands.
What is funny is that XRunner usually reportswhen the needed extentions
aren't present. So my guess is that the extentions are present but
not operating properly somehow.

I have compared the /etc/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy files, the server
startup command arguments. I have looked for issues with XRunner on
the web. I have also looked at docs on the record and xtest extentions
to see if I get any bright ideas.

Does anybody have any programs working that use the XTEST and RECORD
extentions of XFree86-cygwin?

Here is my xdpyinfo in case anybody is interested.

name of display:    :0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    The XFree86 Project, Inc
vendor release number:    40199001
XFree86 version: 4.1.99.1
maximum request size:  4194300 bytes
motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    LSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    7
supported pixmap formats:
    depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
    depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
    depth 16, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
    depth 24, bits_per_pixel 24, scanline_pad 32
    depth 32, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 255
focus:  PointerRoot
number of extensions:    20
    BIG-REQUESTS
    DOUBLE-BUFFER
    Extended-Visual-Information
    FontCache
    GLX
    LBX
    MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
    RECORD
    RENDER
    SECURITY
    SGI-GLX
    SHAPE
    SYNC
    TOG-CUP
    XC-APPGROUP
    XC-MISC
    XFree86-Bigfont
    XKEYBOARD
    XTEST
    XVideo
default screen number:    0
number of screens:    1

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1018x742 pixels (345x251 millimeters)
  resolution:    75x75 dots per inch
  depths (7):    16, 1, 4, 8, 15, 24, 32
  root window id:    0x2e
  depth of root window:    16 planes
  number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
  default colormap:    0x20
  default number of colormap cells:    64
  preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 65535
  largest cursor:    1018x742
  current input event mask:    0xd0001d
    KeyPressMask             ButtonPressMask          ButtonReleaseMask
    EnterWindowMask          SubstructureRedirectMask PropertyChangeMask
    ColormapChangeMask
  number of visuals:    2
  default visual id:  0x22
  visual:
    visual id:    0x22
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    16 planes
    available colormap entries:    64 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xf800, 0x7e0, 0x1f
    significant bits in color specification:    6 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x23
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    16 planes
    available colormap entries:    64 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xf800, 0x7e0, 0x1f
    significant bits in color specification:    6 bits

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard