Re: (patch seq: 5151) config file support for cygwin port

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Alan Hourihane wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> Thanks for the patch. Is there any chance of bouncing this off the
> cygwin-xfree list first to get some feedback before we commit.... ?

of course, I announced a binary with this patch about one month ago and
got no negative response. (Actually I got no response, but the binary was
downloaded about 30 times in that month)

bye
    ago

> > Hi,
> >
> > The attached patch allows the cygwin port of the xserver to use the
> > XF86Config configfile. The support for the configfile is not complete
> > but the keyboard and files section (the most needed ones for the cygwin
> > port) are fully supported.
> >
> > The patch uses the parser from hw/xfree86/parser and the two 4 files
> > implement functions similar to those from the xfree86 xserver.
> >
> > Changelog for programs/Xserver:
> > 2002-01-20  Alexander Gottwald  <alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de>
> >
> >     *Imakefile: Add hw/xfree86/parser to SUBDIRS for cygwin port
> >
> > Changelog for programs/Xserver/hw/xwin
> > 2002-01-20  Alexander Gottwald  <alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de>
> >
> >     *Imakefile: Add winconfig.c and winmsg.c to SOURCES.
> >     Add winconfig.o and winmsg.o to OBJS.
> >     *InitOutput.c: include winconfig.h.
> >     Add macros for commandline argument processing.
> >     Add commandline options -logfile, -xf86config and -keyboard.
> >     Add call winReadConfigfile.
> >     *winkeybd.c: include winconfig.h and XKBsrv.h.
> >     Use configuration from configfile.
> >     *winconfig.c, winconfig.h: Handling of option values from configfile.
> >     *winmsg.c, winmsg.h: Error and log output functions.

 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017
 4. Chemnitzer Linux-Tag http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/lt4