Re: Status of "seamless" integration?

Alan Hourihane wrote:

> A lot of work. I've done most of the re-writing of the span
> functions into their native GDI counterparts. That's a good start.

Where can I find the native GDI changes? Are they checked in? My
impression is that mode isn't included into the server by default. What
is needed to get it to compile.

> We need to implement the rest of the server into native GDI calls,
> then we can start looking at 'rootless' modes. It's by no means
> a small task to do the conversion to native GDI first though.

I wonder why native GDI is required for rootless modes. There would need
to be support for creating Win32 windows for each X window. Plus,
drawing (or blitting) into those Win32 windows instead of one single
window or full screen. An internal window manager would also be needed.

  - Ian