gnome desktop on cygwin-xfree86

There has been some interest in porting gnome to cygwin on this list in the
past. I have succeeded in getting (most of) the gnome 1.4 base libraries and
desktop ported. I do not have sufficient web space to distribute binaries,
but the source modifications I made are available as patches from:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steven.obrien2/
I did post this as new software on the cygwin home page, and it appeared for
a few hours yesterday but now has been removed. Anyway, If anyone has the
time to build gnome for cygwin using these patches then please have a go.
The panel, control center, midnight commander file manager, and many applets
are working.
Steven