Re: xfree packages

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 11:23:37PM -0400, Roland Glenn McIntosh wrote:
>If I understood you correctly you wanted the Xfree gzipped archives
>turned into bzipped archives.  I have done this using the 4.2.0 cygwin
>binaries provided at xfree86.org.  I stuck with the .tar.bz2 convention
>most cygwin packages seem to use.  Please note that the Xfnts package
>seems to have .gz files in it (I'm assuming that's gzipped fonts) and
>didn't compress well.

I don't know if it is that simple.  The files should still conform to
the conventions at the oft mentioned: http://cygwin.com/setup.html .
I haven't verified that is the case for the standard .tgz files, though.

I know that Harold is working on this, but I just thought I'd answer
this question.

Regardless, thank you! for taking the initiative.  That was a quick
response.

cgf