Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] cygwin/xfree86 setup.exe packages available forcomments and testing

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 09:14:30PM -0400, Harold Hunt wrote:
>>My primary concerns that I don't know how to resolve are:
>>1) I didn't do the XFree86-base "meta" package properly.  setup.exe
>>does not list XFree86-base as a package and it doesn't enforce the
>>dependencies of the other packages on XFree86-base.
>

> It needs at least an empty tar file.

XFree86-base would be the perfect place to put Cygwin specific
documentation.

>>3) We may need a short post-install script, based off of Xinstall.sh,
>>that runs mkfontdir in the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local and
>>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc font directories.  Xinstall.sh says it
>>does this to make sure that these directories are "up to date".  I
>>guess that every font package has the right to install fonts in local
>>or misc, but it seems that none of them do.  Perhaps this won't matter.
>

> How about mounting the font directory in binmode, too?

Is there a way to detect if the fonts directory is already mounted in
binmode? That is the default, isn't it.

  - Ian

--
iburrell@stanfordalumni.org