RE: xfree86 install makes wininit not working

Robert,

> > Hmm. What happens if you supply a (say) 16Kb subset
> > of the wininit.ini
> > file to windows ME - does it process it correctly?
> >
> > Rob
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> Renaming is done - but now renamed file haved 8.3
> names with ~ and are unusable, I think, by X,
> since names are incorrect - too bad.

What's your prognosis on this?  Is this a problem that is specific to
Sylvain's machine or is this going to be a problem because Cygwin/XFree86
has over 4000 files in the font directories?

Is there some limit to the allowed size of wininit.ini, or did you suggest
testing a subset simply to see if one of the commands in the latter part of
the file was invalid?

Basically: do we need to pull the Cygwin/XFree86 setup.exe release for now,
or can I go on with making changes to the web page, etc to announce the
release?