RE: XWin -help behavior

Thomas,

Yes, that's a great idea.  There is one problem though.  We redirect the
ErrorF function (which prints out all messages, including the --help
message) before we know that a --help parameter is coming down the line.
When the --help is processed is calls a UseMsg function that then calls a
module-UseMsg function for each part of the XFree86 server.  By the time
that ddxUseMsg (that's the hardware layer's (our's) UseMsg function) gets
called we have already printed out 90% of the help text, so there is very
little point in redirecting our portion of the help message to STDERR.

The solution lies in creating an overly-complicated ErrorF system that
buffers the output until we have processed all command-line parameters.  I
don't have time to do that, do you?

Harold