RE: Installation Problems

Hello,

here what i got from Aaron Newcomb as an answer for the problem i described
on 25. April. I tried it and it works.

Gregor,

I happend to read your post on the cygwin/XFree mailing list archive. I ran
into the same problem and was able to fix it. It seems that the new cygwin
install program does not install all the necessary libraries that are needed
to run the XFree86 install. Here is what I had to do.

INSTALLATION:

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to
your system.  Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick
up 'gettext' from the 'Libs' category.  You may need to
click the "Full" (or "View") button if it doesn't show up.  You might want
to make sure you update/install ALL of the following three packages:
  gettext-0.10.40-1
  libintl1-0.10.40-1
  libintl-0.10.38-3

I also had to install pcre to get the script to run properly. I hope this
helps. You might want to pass this info back to the mailing list if you are
still subscribed since I do not plan on subscribing right now.

Thanks,
Aaron Newcomb
http://www.newcombnet.com
aaron@newcombnet.com