Re: Unable to get french keyboard with XDMCP connexion on AIX

> I think all us from europe should try to get together and get the NLS
> thinngs to work on top of the great job the primarily done by Harold - this
> would really make a breakthrough on this side of the Atlantic ;-) - if I
> find some time I will try to sketch out the basics....

We could use a good tool for writing these X keymap files (I'm talking
about xkb support, not xmodmap), but I think this is not the way to go
with a word processor. I often have multilingual text, and If I'm in
a, say, Russian part of my file, I want the keyboard to behave
differently than in a, say, Esperanto or German or Czech part. In MS
Word (which I have to use for a certain project, otherwise I'm fine
with emacs and LaTeX), I can map key sequences to characters, a
feature I really like and which would solve these problems for most of
us. Missing it keeps me from using Oo for that MS Word project and
other things apart from playing around with it. It could be done nicer
than in Word, of course, so that certain mappings would only be valid
for certain languages.

For me, that autocorrect function would already be sufficient if it
could be told to immediately replace in the middle of words as well,
so I could simply say 'c -> cacute and untick a 'whole word only'
checkbox. There would be several projects I'd use Oof for immediately.
But I don't know where I should post this and I don't have
the time to dig into the sources of Oo myself.

Best

Edi