RE: xterm title not shown

What is your shell prompt set to?  It is a common trick to make the shell prompt or a cd alias include the escape sequence to put the current directory in the title.  Perhaps this is the default for bash?  I wouldn't think so, but this would happen after the title is initially set with -T or -title.

Cary

---
Cary Jamison
Cary.Jamison@PowerQuest.com