Re: Unable to get french keyboard with XDMCP connexion on AIX

Of course, if you find such a solution, I can try to ask to
update all our AIX server, but it can be around 300 AIX box...
Quite a long trip.
However, if it works, I can make the decision taken to do that.

In the same idea, perhaps I am wrong, but I was believing that
the option -xauth $HOME/.Xauthority allows to run a x command
such as xmodmap on the client (like xhost +).
But it seems it doesn't work.
Perhaps a problem with Windows 2000 ?
However, the option "-ac" allows me to run xmodmap on the X
interface, but only after the logon step.

If you find the +kb compatibility for AIX, I will try too.

Frederic

Le Fri, 17 May 2002 17:01:20 EDT
, vous avez ecrit:

> Franz,
>
>  Excellent.  I'd really like to have more information on how we can
work
>  better with AIX.
>
>  Harold
>
>  Franz Wolfhagen <FRANZW@dk.ibm.com> said:
>
>  >
>  > I am doing some checks with AIX - it seems that if you install all
xwindows
>  > related packages in AIX you can run XDMCP with the +kb
extensions...
>  >
>  > I am not sure which package does this - when I find the solution I
will
>  > surely let everyone here know....
>  >
>  > Med venlig hilsen / Regards
>  > Franz Wolfhagen
>  >
>  >

- http://www.WebMailSPro.com - >>
VOTRE service d'email sans pub avec VOTRE nom de domaine