Trackpoint support?

I'm using an IBM T21 Thinkpad w/Win2K & Cygwin/XFree86 4.2.0 installed
via Cygwin setup:

My computer has a trackpoint mouse and a third button that is supposed
to let it scroll like an enhanced wheel. But it doesn't work under X.

Has anyone already looked into making something like this work under
Cygwin/XFree86? I didn't find anything in the FAQ/Manual. Google came
up with a number of solutions for Linux/XFree86, but all required new
drivers. Perhaps I need a Windows driver that makes it look more like
a wheel mouse? The latest driver from IBM doesn't help (I'm not sure
how it scrolls, though--it can scroll on both axes).

I think the driver at http://rsim.cs.uiuc.edu/~sachs/tp-scroll/ does
what I want (allowing the scroll button to double as a middle button),
but again that's for Linux. I could live with using -emulate3buttons
and just using the scroll button for scrolling.

For now, I turn the scroll button into a middle button. I didn't find
any info on turning middle-button/mouse-moves into scroll actions, but
that would be another way to approach the problem.

-Jerry