Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 58

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 01:29:42AM -0400, Harold Hunt wrote:
>I just posted Test 58 to the server development page:
>http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/shadow/

Harold,
Why not just install the latest server test packages in the normal
cygwin place but mark it as "test" in setup.hint?

Then you can download them just by running setup.exe and point to any
mirror.  Then you wouldn't need a separate setup.ini file.

This would allow people to download the latest test version but it
wouldn't give you any history, of course.  I.e., when you make Test 58
available, people will no longer be able to retrieve Test 57 via the
normal mechanism.

I don't recall this being suggested before.  Apologies if this has already
been discussed.

cgf