Cut down xfree server for XDMCP only

Hi there,

My flatmate and I have been playing with creating a minimal install of
cygwin-xfree. We culled files until we ended up with XWin.exe, a bunch
of libraries, and a few fonts.
We included also ttmkfdir.exe and mkfontdir.exe, so we can add more
fonts later, and use the windows fonts.

My flatmate has also written a delphi app, which runs the XWin binary
with some options you can set on a preferences screen. It needs a little
more work, but is quite useable. It is currently built around our
set-up, so will need to be modified to support a normal cygwin-xfree
install.

We have packaged the above using a setup program called Inno Setup,
available at: http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php
Currently the archive including installer and launcher program come to
just under 2.5Mb, and installs to about 5.5Mb.

There is much work I need to do on this, but I have exams for the next
week so won't get much of a chance. One of my main concerns is that our
current install modifies the registry keys used by cygwin, so installing
it will break an existing setup (although is quite easy to fix, it is
messy).

If you do want to look at what we have so far, you can grab
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/bennolan/setup.exe and have a play.
Note it is messy, as it will change cygwin's registry keys.

TODO:
	Recompile cygwin1.dll to look in a different registry location, so we
don't use the same location as cygwin. Currently our install modifies
the cygwin registry keys, so will break an existing install.

	Win95 support. Not sure why it isn't going yet. Need to investigate
more.

	Fonts included. To reduce size, we have the bare minimum fonts
included, but it can use fonts from within windows.

	Fix the launcher program. Currently doesn't save and restore settings
correctly from registry, doesn't let the user specify a font server, and
has odd defaults for the XDMCP server to connect to :)

	Make sure uninstall removes /tmp/* and other files created.

	Include esd.exe from
http://www.kiss.taihaku.sendai.jp/~fuji/product/20001127/ , so we can
use sound. Perhaps recompile to use cygwin dlls rather than mingw32, and
see if there is a later version somewhere than this :) It's a little
noisy too, and buffered. Need to work out if there are any configuration
parameters we can play with.

	Add license file to launcher program to say that it is GPL.

What are the .a files? Are they linked from the .dlls? Are they used by
XWin.exe, or is it just the .dlls?

I created a sourceforge project yesterday for this to make it
accessible, but uploaded anything to it yet. That will be a job for the
week after next.

Questions, comments, advice, etc?

Cheers,

Tim.