Question: Function keys in Xterm/RXVT

Hi out there!

I got a question concerning xterm and rxvt with cygwin.

When I run xterm under LinuX, all function keys are passed to the application running (e.g. Midnight Commander). When I try doing the same with cygwin, only F1 to F4 are passed through, F5 and higher result in some key messages on the command line. With rxvt none of the function keys work.

When I log into a linux box and start xterm on the remote session (still display is the cygwin box) erverything works (all function keys and even mouse support).

What did I miss with the cygwin installation of xterm? Did I make a serious configuration mistake?

Regards,

Uwe

ps: hope this is the right list...