Re: gtk with cygwin

Hi
On my website at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steven.obrien2/
I have published the patches that I found that I needed to apply to
build a gnome 1.4 desktop and some gnome apps on cygwin on NT/2k/XP.
These are "unofficial", unsupported, and very experimental; suitable
only for experienced users of gnome, cygwin, and the gnu build tools.
That said, I think that it is the best you will find at present for a
genuine gnome "experience" on Windows.

I am currently, slowly, working to build binary packages, and add
support for 9x/Me. But as I am the only person working on this project,
and I have 40 packages to maintain, it will be quite some time before
any binaries are published, and they may never make to it "official"
cygwin package status, for the reasons stated by Chuck. However, I do
hope that they will eventually be published somewhere as unsupported
pre-built binaries that you can point cygwin setup.exe at, much like
cygwin-KDE is at the moment. I'll let you know if I ever get that far.

Steven