RE: test 60 did not fix the kde 3.0 icon problem for me

Barry,

> I have just upgrade my FreeBSD system to 4.6 that includes KDE 3.0.
> I use cygwin to XDCMP from a WIndows XP system to the FreeBSD system.
>
> The icons on the desktop do not appear. I saw your change log for test 60
> and installed it on a Windows XP system. But this did not fix the
> problem. Is there something more I need to do, or information I
> can collect
> to help fix the problem?

First things first: you've got to reply to the cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
mailing list, not to me directly.

That being said, you need to re-read the change log for Test 60.  I've
posted it below for your convenience:

1) Do a clean before rebuilding the server to ensure that the RENDER
extension is compiled in and enabled.  The RENDER extension is now
reenabled.  Unfortunately, the RENDER extension is the cause of the
display problem with KDE 3.0 icons that have alpha channels at a depth
of 32 bits per pixel.  It was previously thought that the LAYER and
RANDR extensions were causing the problem because a rebuild of the
server with RENDER enabled did not actually have RENDER enabled, thus
making it seem that RENDER was not causing the problem.  (Harold
Hunt)

Let me recap.

1) RENDER was disabled in Test 58.

2) I *thought* RENDER was reenabled in Test 59 but, due to a mistake on my
part, the build did not actually include RENDER.

3) Test 59 fixed the KDE 3.0 icon problem, but it did not actually have
RENDER included, so you couldn't use aa fonts.

4) Test 60 really reenabled the RENDER extension.  The RENDER extension is
causing the KDE 3.0 icon problem.

5) You expected Test 60 to fix the KDE 3.0 icon problem?