RE: xterm fails to start with "setuid failed: Permission denied"

Let me guess - you have logged in as a domain user, but your home directory
is /home/Administrator (or whatever the local administrator is named in
dutch...)

It seems that cygwin is capable of seeing all domain users and when running
'whoami' returns 'Administrator' instead of the domain user.

I would guess that you will have to create an account in /etc/passwd
manually - the question is just how... - but I will guess that you will
have to find the SID of you domain user and add it to /etc/passwd.

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Franz Wolfhagen

Florimon van Putte <florimon.van.putte@cmg.nl>@cygwin.com on 26-06-2002
10:50:35