RE: New Xfree User Question

Dear XFree crew,

can I add that i also have the same problem and that I tried to get the
latest cygwin snapshot as described in a recent email and it didn't help.
Perhaps i have missed something during configuration i suppose but the bash
shell seems to be working fine. I am running Windows 2000

Martin.

>I have run into a problem when I started to learn / use Xfree on my
>XP laptop.
>
>When I launch via /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.bat at the Cygwin prompt,
>I get the background window, but the terminal window, which on my
>Win98 machine is my shell running bash, appears to be iconized in
>the upper left corner, and when I click on it, it disappears.
>
>I apologize for the awkward and no doubt technically incorrect way I
>have explained this, but I was hoping someone would say, oh, I know
>what that idiot is babbling about.
>
>Wayne Keen

Martin Bosticky
Software Engineer