xfs (font server) crashes under cygwin. Anyone got it to work?

G'day Everyone,

At the first font request to xfs running under cygwin, it core dumps.

Has anyone ever got it to work?

I have searched the archives and seen that a number of people have
posted the same issue without a resolution (at least I couldn't find one
and I couldn't find anyone who would say that they had it running.)

I am currently running cygwin under windows XP Pro.

The "rules" say to post here, although would there be any point asking
on the main cygwin list to get a broader coverage and try and find
someone who has it running?

Thanks,
Greg