Re: xfs (font server) crashes under cygwin. Anyone got it to work?

I have cc'ed this to Nicholas since I'd like to know what version
of X he was running...

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 12:45:58AM -0400, Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:

> Thanks.  I'd never used the 'xset fp=' command before.
>
> Unfortunately, now that I've tried running things, the best I can do is
> confirm that it core dumps for me, too.  It probably wouldn't be
> terrifically hard to track down with a debugging version of xfs, running
> under gdb but that would require building xfs, which I'm not set up to
> do.
>
> Maybe someone who has the sources on their machine could give this
> a try...
>
> cgf

I had hoped it wouldn't come to that!!

Can I just ask what Windows system you tried it on and what version of
cygwin X you have? Earlier Nicholas said he had it running on Windows Me,
but did not say what version of X he was running.

I will try and build a debugging version of xfs myself but that will
have to wait until the end of the week as i have to go to a conference
tomorrow. Hopefully some kind soul will have already done this
by then, else I'll have to learn how to build X in cygwin!

Is there a simple way to backdate X with binary packages to see if this
is an "introduced" problem?

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

Greg