Re: Cross Compiling

Alexander,

> Interesting article. I'll check what is needed to get current CVS cross-
> compile in that build environment.

Okay.

> I made the following changes to build imake (the diff I'll send Thursday
> will show this in complete)
>
> - set BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS to "-Ulinux -D__CYGWIN__"
> - pass IMAKE_DEFINES="-Ulinux -D__CYGWIN__"  to imake
>
> also there are a lot of changes need where some programs are build as
> ProgramTarget but should be HostProgramTarget and another big problem
> in cygwin.rules where all: tries to build $(addsuffix .exe,PROGRAMS)
> instead of $(PROGRAMS). This results in "No rule to make target
> bitmap.exe.exe" and so on.

Unfortunately, the new cross compile system doesn't really use BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS
or IMAKE_DEFINES anymore.  You're supposed to pass the make variable
CROSSCOMPILEDIR="/cygwin/i686-pc-cygwin/bin", for example.  This flag in turn
causes CrossCompiling to be set and it causes certain new macros for the name
of the CC program, etc. to be set.  However, all of these macro names are
different than what we used to use in our host.def, so we've got to figure out
what to do now.  It is going to be a real pain.  I estimate that it will take
about 5 hours to fix properly.