Re: Problem with cygwin1.dll and xfree

I know I have run into problems a couple of times with programs that
have windows installers that somehow like to assume that you don't
already have Cygwin on your machine.

The first time I installed Octave, it replaced my Cygwin with some
minimal installation it needed to support itself.

Something not as severe happended when I ran an Windows installation
program for Ruby.

Eventually....I learned to just go ahead and build things myself
within Cygwin.

So, one message that probably should leak out is to avoid Windows
binaries that mention anything about Cygwin.  :-)

Wayne Keen