Re: [packages] gtk+, glib, imlib

--- Harold L Hunt <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:
> Nicholas,
>
> > He has something.  Frankly, I think we should let harold release these
> > packages.  He's got a firm understanding of the underlying mechanics
> of
> > how X works.  Plus if you commit to maintainership of 1.X, then it is
> > assumed that you will be working on porting 2.X.  Are you ready for
> this
> > responsibility?
>
> It is not going to happen.  I simply do not have time to work on
> packages
> other than Cygwin/XFree86 proper.  Sure, I have released a few extra
> packages,
> but that was just to get the ball rolling on XFree86 category packages.
> For
> future reference: I do not intend to assume maintainership of any new
> packages.  However, I reserve the right to post an initial version of
> packages
> that compile out of the box, just to get things started.
>
> I hope that clears things up,

Harold,

I'm sorry, I never meant to unload additional work onto you.  In previous
messages regarding berkley db, you mentioned that you were going to stick
to X packages, so I assumed you meant the packages you were already
working on for X.  Apparently this is not the case, which is OK.  I'm glad
you cleared things up for everyone.

Cheers,