From: "hongxun lee" <lee dot 1801 at osu dot edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:58:03 -0400
Subject: RE: no need to install xfree86

Greetings..

I remember that formerly i have to setup Xfree86 after Cygwin installation is finished..Now i found that with the present version Cygwin, the dir 'cygwin/usr/X11R6' is already there, and 'x11R6/bin' does contains such commands as: startx, xwin, startxwin.bat...

Do i have to install xfree86 agin to use the x-window? since i tried startx, startxwin.bat, neither of them worked. Thanks
-----
$ startx
giving up.
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

$ startxwin.bat
startxwin.bat - Starting on Windows NT/2000

Administrator@ALLELUJA /cygdrive/d
$