From: "Glenn A. Carlson" <gcarlson@xannah.org>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: no need to install xfree86
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:24:28 -0500

I'm having a similar problem as Mr. Lee. I recently installed latest cygwin to run under Win98SE, which seems to run fine. Today, I installed xfree86 from setup on cygwin.com/xfree/ website.

When I run startx, I get the following:

-----------
$ startx

xinit: No such file or directory (errno2): no server "X" in PATH

Use the -- option

<snip>

giving up.
xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno3): Server error.

/usr/X11R6/bin is in my PATH. I have a .initrc file in my home directory.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Glenn A. Carlson

=======