Re: Bug in startxwin.bat after installing with setup.exe in win98SE

Nicholas Wourms wrote:
--- Jehan <nahor@bravobrava.com> wrote:

If you search the archives, others have already made icons ready for you
use :).
Well, I had this one for quite a while already.

I wonder why not just can all the dos stuff by having the
batch file call bash which then calls startxwin.sh?  One file is *much*
easier to maintain then two.  Anywho, let me know your thoughts on this..
That would be nice I agree. But for what I see on this mailing list, lots of people have problems with startxwin.sh (.xinitrc and .Xautorithy stuff) while very few people complain about startxwin.bat. So until we can have startxwin.sh to work as is for most people, I think it's better to stick with the batch file for now.

Jehan