XDMCP Session Loops connecting to HPUX, stalls connecting to Solaris, fromWinXP

I have the latest Cygwin package installed on my WinXP box.  Cygwin runs
fine, and I am able to start XWin from startxwin.bat, startx, and
'startxwin.sh' .  From the resulting xterm session, I am able to telnet
into the subject HPUX and Solaris boxes and export individual apps to the
Xserver on my box.  However, I cannot get an XDMCP session to work.

>From the xterm session, I first do a 'xhost +' and then 'XWin -query
134.20.2.19 -from 134.20.174.113'.

When I do this, a new Cygwin/XFree86 window is spawned, showing the the X
and gray background.  This then turns black and shows the hourglass as
though it was attempting to start CDE.  This process then repeats a number
of times, or alternatively, it happens once and then the window
dissappears.  I have also tried manually specifying the screen resolution,
but the results are the same

Has anyone been able to get XDMCP working with HPUX systems? (I'm not so
worried about the Solaris.)  Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas?

I also wanted to say how impressed I am with everyone's work on this
software.  It is a complete and useful package.

Thank you,
John Visser
vissjb@inel.gov

INEEL/DOE Summer Intern: