Difference between installing Xfree-4.2.0 using setup and install.sh

I have previously installed Xfree 4.2.0 when it first came out on
cygwin, using the old method of running install.sh. Everything worked
fine. Recently, I installed Xfree 4.2.0 using setup.exe on another
computer (both computers run Windows 2000). On the new computer, if I
ssh to another computer using "ssh -X hostname", I get the following
error message

Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
Application initialization failed: couldn't connect to display "localhost:10.0"
%

This error does not occur with the older installation using install.sh.
The cygwin1.dll version is the same, and the ssh version is the same.
Fortunately, the error is readily eliminated by adding the line

xhost +127.0.0.1

to .xinitrc. on the new computer. Then everything works fine.

A similar difference can also be reproduced with 2 Windows 98 machines.
Is there a reason for this apparent difference?

Raymond Kwong