Re: Help with fixing x2x...

Thomas Chadwick wrote:
I added a printf statement and sure enough, the return value of select is -1. I then tried printf'ing the value returned by WSAGetLastError. To make a long story short, I wound up having to comment out the includes for <sys/types.h> and <sys/time.h> and include <w32api/winsock.h> instead to get it to succesfully compile x2x.o; and I had to add -lwsock32 in the Makefile to get it to successfully link x2x.exe.

After doing this, select is still non-blocking, returning -1, and the value returned by WSAGetLastError() is 10038, which seems to correspond to the #define WSAENOTSOCK in winsock.h.

Any idea what this error code means and what steps I might take to fix it?

Thomas,

Revert those include and Makefile changes. You do not want to use Winsock, you want to use Cygwin's sockets.

Test the rewritten function that I just sent to the list.