Re: Finally on Sylpheed

--- Staf Verhaegen <staf.verhaegen@imec.be> wrote:
> Everything De Icaza and Ximian does is open source except one peace
> of code
> that is used to connect to an expensive propriety email server.
> Without this
> connector thing evolution email client is fully usable and open
> source as is
> ximian gnome, red carpet, mono, ...

They could have a million things that were opensource and one closed
source product but it still wouldn't matter.  I'm not against closed
source software, all I ask is that you practice what you preach.  To
him, opensource is(was) a religion, and yet still he refuses to
opensource every bit of his software.  'Nuff said.  This is way
off-topic anyhow.

> PS: Live would be so much easier when people would just try having
> fun with computing and not consider it as some kind of religion.
> Live would be so much easier when people would not try to tell to
> other people what they should like or should not like.

Who's telling people what to like?  AFAICT, Jim and I were having an
exchange of opinions.  What you do with those opinions is entirely up
to you.  I'm having fun, aren't you?

Cheers,
Nicholas