Re: keyboard malfunctioning

I'll bet you have Caps Lock and/or Num Lock on. Turn them off and see if that makes a difference.

I addressed this with a hack awhile back. Look here:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-06/msg00307.html

From: Curt <gte120r@prism.gatech.edu>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: keyboard malfunctioning
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:10:48 -0400

Hi,
I am having problems with my keyboard working when using XFree86. Everything works fine until I run an X application on a remote system, namely xloadl. I get the application window, but I can't type in anything. The only keys that do anything on the keyboard are the spacebar, the Tab key, and the enter key. Is this a problem with my configuration, or with the server? Just as a background, I am new to UNIX and I work with Linux a little bit.
Thanks,
Curtis Neff

Graduate Research Assistant
Materials Science and Engineering