Re: ssh-agent in startxwin.sh?

Jehan,

I had probably asked the same question of others at some point. Remember, I inherited the initial versions of these scripts from others. There were no comments, whatsoever, in the initial versions of these scripts. As I have said before, I am a terrible computer *user*, so I have difficulty evaluating whether a command such as ssh-agent should stay or be taken out.

Can you do a search of the mailing list archives for ssh-agent and let me know what the conclusion was, if any, about removing it or keeping it?

I am guessing that you are probably right... since I know a little more about ssh now and I can guess that ssh-agent is only useful to users that know what they are using it for, and you are right that there should be a dependency on ssh if we are using ssh-agent. Just let me know what you uncover and I will probably remove ssh-agent from startxwin.sh.

Harold

Jehan wrote:

Hello,

Why is ssh-agent in startwin.sh? Harold, I think you forgot to remove it from your script ;)
And if you didn't, then you didn't add the dependency to openssh.

Jehan