RE: x-windows opening up too large

I've had this problem using XFree86 on linux, eXceed on NT
and Xfree86 on Win2000.  I've also had native windows windows
open at silly sizes (especially on machines with autohide tool
bars).

It's a window manager / application problem.  For some reason
for application thinks that it should open a masive window.
This might be because of ...
 * It remembered the last size the app was open - maybe from
   a display at a higher resolution
 * It wants to display a big table or something so opens a
   bigger window
 * It's got itself well and truely confused.

Doesn't really help you ;(

Stuart