Re: xwinclip interferes with xemacs selection and Re: xwinclip can copy from NT to KDE but not from KDE to NT

James Coleman said:
and releases the selection as soon as it is made.
>  Looking at this with debug on in xwinclip I can see how to possibly
> work around this problem for xemacs (if no text selected ... then
> assume xemacs and don't release selection). This isn't a great
> workaround (selection using shift+arrow/movement still broken) but
> it is a start. It may be that applications do release the selection
> and xwinclip should  never do this.  I will test this more myself
> but if anyone else is  working on xwinclip they may have a better
> idea how something like this  should be fixed?

It turns out that the workaround is really trivial.  Turn off "active
regions."  I've been using xemacs for months, and I've never missed
active regions.