Re: use Cygwin/XFree86 as a XClient

Thach,

First of all, do not email me directly. Send all inquiries about the Cygwin/XFree86 project to cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com, where I have cc'd this message.

Second, your terminology is exactly backwards. Cygwin/XFree86 provides an X Server that makes your display device available to X Client programs. You either want to display individual X Clients on your X Server, or you want to display a remote session on your X Server.

Both options are discussed in the User's Guide in far greater detail than I care to repeat again:

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-apps.html
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-session.html

Harold

Le Ngoc Thach wrote:
Hi,
I have downloaded/setup Cygwin/XFree86. I have also read over your "Cygwin/XFree86 User’s Guide".
I have heard KDE is working in Cygwin/XFree86.
Can I use Cygwin/XFree86 (in Windows 2000) as a XClient to connect to XServer in RedHat Linux 7.3?
Please help me where to get document!
Thanks!
Thach IBS-DP!