Setting up a minimal "Xterminal" package

As part of a guerilla effort to get the college I teach at to be more Linux-
accepting, I'd like to put together as small and simple a package as possible
that I can drop onto a Windows box that'll turn it into an Xterminal running
Gnome off of a nearby RedHat box.  Is there some howto or other docs/messages
that describe how to do this ?   I figure all I need is XWin.exe and enough
DLLs to make it happy [and probably some setup/config files], but I don't know
enough about the intricacies of the distro to know if that's even correct, much
less how to extract that subset and install *just*that*much* by itself, and I
know I'm in WAY over my head on this...

my goal here is to repackage *JUST* the pieces I'll need in a self-contained,
self-installing zip archive, so that the students will be just "one click" away
from being able to connect to the Unix server and run GNOME off of it [and
they'll have to do it every day, because the PC-lab-police wipe the HD and
reimage the HD every night!  UGH!! Hence it needs to be fairly easy,
uncomplicated, etc]

Thanks!
  /Bernie\--
mailto:bernie@fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA