Re: Re: X Starts, Then Stops...

Jeff,

You should note that "cygcheck -c <packageName>" does not issue a diagnostic when <packageName> is not the name of an installed package.

That suggests that you don't have the XFree86-xserv package installed or something went wrong with the installation or damaged it after it was installed.

Here's what my system reports:

% cygcheck -c XFree86-xserv
Cygwin Package Information
Package Version
XFree86-xserv 4.2.0-10

Use -h to see help about each section

% cygcheck -c XFree86-nosuch
Cygwin Package Information
Package Version

Use -h to see help about each section

It also seems that the "Use -h to see help about each section" message is spurious when a proper invocation is given.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA