Solved: Switching from XWin to Windows slow (on Windows XP)

Hi,

I had a problem that switching from within XWin to Windows XP took upto 7
seconds. Looked all over but couldn't find a solution until I read the
following knowledge base article 'OFFXP: What Is CTFMON and What Does It
Do?':

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q282599

After I killed ctfmon switching went as smooth as a whistle.
(BTW At first I suspected xwinclip or wmaker but neither were the culprit
;-)

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jeroen Habets
Technology manager
twofoldmedia b.v.

Atlantic House
Westplein 2
3016 BL Rotterdam
The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)10 281 06 88
F: +31 (0)10 214 01 84
M: +31 (0)6  483 55 718
e-mail: jeroen AT twofoldmedia DOT com
website: www.twofoldmedia.com

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Habets;Jeroen;;drs
FN:Jeroen Habets
ORG:twofoldmedia;ICT
TITLE:Technology manager
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+31 (0)10 281 06 88
TEL;WORK;FAX:+31 (0)10 214 01 84
ADR;WORK:;Atlantic House;Westplein 2;Rotterdam;;3016 BL;Nederland
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Atlantic House=0D=0AWestplein 2=0D=0ARotterdam 3016 BL=0D=0ANederland
X-WAB-GENDER:2
URL;WORK:http://www.twofoldmedia.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:Jeroen@twofoldmedia.com
REV:20020710T132502Z