Installing cygwin in windowsXP - HELP!

Hi,
I almost always work on linux, but presently I am forced to work on
windowsXP for sometime. So, I decided to install cygwin.
I downloaded the packages myself from one of the mirror sites on a
linux machine in my lab and copied onto my PC (instead of letting the
setup.exe download it because the net connection on my PC is very slow).

Now when I try to install cygwin, I give the directory where the packages
are kept, the setup starts and does something for sometime, but then gets
stuck and windows very nicely says that setup has encountered a problem
and needs to close.

I tried some tricks like looking at the problem causing package and
removed that from the package directory and agina trying the setup, and I
tried this many times with many packages. I tried to run the program in
windows98 compatibilty mode. But of no avail. It gets stuck somewhere or
the other.

Could anyone suggest a way out? (if any). Installing from internet is not
an option as net connection is very slow.

best regards,
deepak.
--
Software, n.:
        Formal evening attire for female computer analysts.